Salary range: $58 – 61k
Page Ahead Children’s Literacy Program works to increase the reading achievement of students from low-income communities in Washington. A child who is not reading proficiently at the end of third grade is FOUR times more likely to drop-out of school before graduating than one who is. Starting with improving book access in the home, Page Ahead works to break down barriers to achievement and provides reading interventions that support children and families.
Do you love the idea of helping children become strong readers? Have you ever been complimented on your organization skills? Do you have a heart for people and enjoy providing great customer service? If so, Page Ahead’s Community Outreach Specialist position might be the right fit for you!
The Community Outreach Specialist is the glue that binds the Page Ahead team together. The position works with every member of the team, as well as all of our volunteers, board members, supporters and school partners. You will enjoy this position the most if you are the kind of person who likes being in the center of everything.
Volunteer Coordination (40%)
- Work with program and development managers to determine current needs, then manage all aspects of volunteer recruitment, from creating posts and marketing on social media to running background checks on new volunteers
- Utilize our database to identify and schedule volunteers for office, event and/or program activities
- Provide training, encouragement and abundant appreciation. Plan volunteer appreciation party, recognize birthdays and milestones, etc
- Manage all volunteer communication, including producing the quarterly volunteer newsletter
- Work with corporate groups to support team volunteering. Prepare materials and provide instructions, share the ‘why’ what they are doing is important, and recognize achievement in person and in public (via social media)
- Greet and welcome all volunteers, book drive coordinators/donors, and visitors
Development Support (40%)
- Assist in planning and overseeing fundraising activities and events
- Utilize design software to create flyers, sponsorship packets, invitations, postcards, etc
- Responsible for all aspects of the donor acknowledgement experience, from opening the mail to recording donations in our database, to generating thank you letters. Works with board members to recognize supporters as appropriate.
- Run reports in database to support development manager in planning and tracking results from fundraising events and campaigns
- Order print materials, t-shirts and supplies for events, appeals and book drives
Program Coordination (10%)
- Support our school partners by verifying volunteer needs and creating/posting volunteer shifts online
- Order all supplies and materials (book bags, labels, etc)
- Manage the packing and shipping process for all programs – including packing and scheduling UPS shipments, providing tracking information to school partners, etc
- Communicate program activities through social media, Page Ahead newsletter, and website
- Create and update program documents, forms and spreadsheets
- Coordinate closely with program manager to ensure each program’s volunteer needs are met
Administrative/Communication Tasks (10%)
- Update website content on monthly basis
- Manage Page Ahead’s social media accounts
- Provide bookkeeping support: batch and prepare invoices for payment, prepare cash receipts for deposit, etc.
- Assume primary responsibility for maintaining office and printer networks, office machines and phones. Troubleshoot problems and provide support and training to other staff. Coordinate with IT vendor to solve problems/schedule maintenance.
- Assist Executive Director with board administration, including assembling board packets, and coordinating communication and calendars
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to organize and share complex information clearly and concisely. (We are a literacy organization after all!)
- Related employment or educational experience, which may include customer service, data entry, relationship management, and public outreach.
- You must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills to manage a high volume of volunteer/donor interactions and accurate database entry. Experience managing ongoing customer relationships and/or accounts preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and social justice
- Strong customer service orientation, and passion for direct engagement with donors, volunteers and our school partners.
- Competency or willingness to learn WordPress, Google Suite, Bloomerang (or another customer relationship management platform).
- Competency in and/or a willingness to learn Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, or similar creative products.
- Desirable Qualifications
- Previous experience working with volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to connect with a diverse group of people
- Ability to successfully prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and reach goals
- Experience developing visuals, marketing collateral, etc
- Effective at working on a small, collaborative team as well as independently
- Ability to organize others and contribute to team’s ability to stay on track
This is a 40 hour per week position, and very occasional evening and weekend work is sometimes required. Page Ahead is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals are encouraged to apply, particularly people of color, women, and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, nonbinary, and/or intersex.
Page Ahead offers a competitive benefits package that includes: health/dental/vision insurance, retirement matching, vacation/sick leave, and 12 paid holidays. From our book-filled, accessible office in the Crown Hill neighborhood of Seattle, we serve all of Washington state. Some local travel will be expected.
As part of our partnership agreement with schools, employment with Page Ahead will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check. Page Ahead is a scent-free office.
Email your resume AND cover letter to: email@example.com
Please no phone calls.